Release NZ Limited trading as Release Wanaka takes its obligations in relation to the privacy of your Personal Information seriously. To better protect your privacy, we provide this statement stating our information practices; how we collect, hold, use and disclose your information.
Personal Information has the same meaning as in the Privacy Act 1993 (Act). It is information relating to an individual which can be used to identify that individual, or which is linked to an identified individual.
- The Personal Information we collect and hold includes (but is not limited to): your name, phone number, email address and physical address, dietary requirements, payment information, information relevant to activities you book, the content of all communications and any other information which assists us to provide you our services.
- Personal Information is collected when you provide it to us, when you contact us, interact with our website, or register for services we may offer such as newsletters and competitions or when you make a booking (whether online or over the phone, including through third party service providers). Your Personal Information may also be collected from third parties you authorise us to contact, or by agents who are authorised by you to provide such information, or as otherwise permitted by the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (Privacy Act).
- This website may also state other ways in which we collect information from you.
- We also use a number of social media services which are linked to this website through the use of social media buttons. Your use of these third-party services is entirely optional. We may make use of any information that you make public when you use any such third-party services for the purposes of our business.
- All third-party services are governed by the privacy policies and/or practices of the third-party service providers, for which we are not responsible. If you do not want to provide Personal Information to any of those third parties, or make information publicly available, you should not use their particular service.
We collect Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To conduct our business, including reviewing, analysing and improving our own processes to optimise your experiences;
- To provide you with the services you have requested, including to book and provide accommodation, concierge and other travel and event services, to facilitate payment of such services, to confirm relevant details in relation to your booking (such as arrival details and location of the property) and to identify you when we provide those services;
- To communicate with you, which includes responding to any message or enquiry you send us and identifying you when you want to communicate with us;
- To keep you up to date and send to you our newsletters and any advertising and promotional material via mail chimp (where you have signed up to receive these);
- To take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us, or between you and any other person with respect to our business;
- To comply with our legal obligations.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We do not otherwise share your Personal Information without your consent, except where permitted by the Privacy Act, unless we believe it is necessary:
- to enforce the terms and conditions of this website, or where it is legally required to do so;
- for us or other authorised agencies (including credit card and EFTPOS facility providers) to detect, investigate, prevent or address, fraud, security or technical issues;
- to otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We also use other third-party service providers to facilitate your payment and manage your booking. In general, these third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- As required by the Privacy Act, we take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We do this by, for example, use of passwords and restricted access to electronic records. Our personnel are required to respect the privacy of your Personal Information.
- Where we no longer require your Personal Information for a permitted purpose under the Privacy Act, or you have withdrawn your consent to use your Personal Information, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
Under applicable privacy legislation, you may the right to access and see correction to your Personal Information if you think it is wrong. Contact us as follows:
Address: 5/64 Mt Linton Ave, Northlake, Wanaka, 9305
Telephone: +64 21 762 694
- Should you contact us; we will require you to verify your identity and specify what Personal Information you require access to.
- If a dispute were to arise between us and we cannot resolve this with you, then you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner whose Website is here.
- For EU residents where the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies, you have the right to restrict processing, or to object to processing and data portability as set out in the GDPR. You may also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.